Lead generation refers to the process of recognizing and encouraging interest in a specific product or service to develop a successful sales system. By generating leads, marketers and businesses aim to energize the target audience, guiding them to actions that will benefit the brand, such as making a purchase or subscribing to an email list. In other words, it’s all about attracting users and improving conversions.
However, the question is, how can you generate leads and conversions for your startup and increase your profit and revenue? You’ll be happy to know that it’s much simpler than it sounds, and in this article, we’ll cover some tips that you should implement in your overall marketing strategy.
Leverage social media
No one can deny how powerful social media is as a lead generation tool. However, this digital platform needs to be utilized correctly to yield the desired results. Specifically, it must be used to establish a trusting and strong relationship with your intended market. Everyone knows that consumers prefer to follow businesses that they have confidence in, and you can instill trust in them through social media using the following strategies:
- Promote gated content. As the name implies, gated content pertains to material that users can access only after performing the desired action online. Usually, this type of presentation involves visitors entering their respective email addresses or any other contact information before being granted access to the content. However, the easiest and most effective approach to achieve the intended outcome is to share any published material on social media that links to your online domain.
- Contests. Another way to attract the attention of prospects is through a contest. By offering users something relevant to your goods or services, you’ll pique their interest and present yourself with the opportunity of collecting their email addresses, potentially turning these leads into conversions.
- Listen to the TA. This tactic is an excellent way of getting leads not because it allows a business to collect a lot of data (which it doesn’t), but rather by allowing you to be in contact with users. As a result, you’ll learn more about how they see your brand and its offerings and find areas of the business that may need some attention and further improvement.
Lead scoring through webinars
Educating your leads and ensuring that they’re aware of your offerings is an excellent lead generation strategy. Demonstrating its value and differentiating it from alternatives can help you win over prospects while retaining existing customers in the process. And with webinars, you can make your content appear more authoritative since you’re packaging them in a more popular and accepted format. If you still haven’t incorporated webinars into your campaign, here are some reasons why you should:
- Training. Informed or trained leads are more likely to become engaged than those that aren’t. Through webinars, you can impart knowledge more effectively since they allow various styles of learning. However, they must be akin to a master class, informative, and never like commercials.
- Development. Marketing through lead generation is about connecting to new markets. Those who may not necessarily be familiar with your brand might be interested in the content you produce. Since search engines like Google tend to favor multimedia over written pieces, your material has much better odds of ranking high. Thus, whenever users start searching for information regarding your offers, industry, or niche, the search engine will be more willing to recommend your webinars over others.
- Evergreen. When it comes to content marketing, the material you need to aim for should be evergreen. What this means is that they remain relevant, regardless of how much time has passed. It’s ideal for the webinar format since it’s possible to engage in the topics repeatedly.
Blogging for leads
Almost every business today is into blogging in one form or another due to its accessibility. But don’t confuse its low barrier of entry with ease. It’s a kind of art that still requires a fair amount of skill, after all. You can’t expect to get the best possible results by sitting down and typing a few words. To help you out, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Add a CTA. A CTA or call to action is essential for a blog post to generate leads. It does help get your readers to perform your desired actions. While they’re typically located on a landing page, it’s crucial that they’re incorporated into your blog too.
- Special offers. Special content is what separates attractive and engaging content that can help gather user information from those that don’t. However, the material must meet your target audience’s needs. It will carry the weight it needs to reel in users if it’s available for subscribers only.
- Free downloads. If your posts are rich with illustrations, content, case studies, and infographics, they will engage users. However, it can also be more challenging to mentally consume at the same time. For this reason, it’s a good idea to present them with a version that’s smaller. Offer your subscribers the option of downloading it for free, provided they present you with the personal information you require to transform them into conversions.
- Influencers. It’s now common practice for brands to reach out to influencers due to their sway or control over specific demographics. This may come at a cost, but it’s worth the investment when you consider the results they can produce for your business.
- Margin banners. These elements can offer blogs integrity. They’re not flashy and typically located at the website’s margin, urging readers to download or subscribe. They are effective techniques in generating leads, so use them.
Contrary to what some might think, lead generation doesn’t necessarily need to be a complicated or costly affair. In actuality, it’s relatively simple to do, and more than affordable for a startup to achieve. So make sure that you implement all of the tips listed above. You’ll be surprised at how much of a difference it can make.